Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ciao Firenze

Sitting in the Eurostar on my way to Parma, I leave the Villa, the beautiful Tuscan hills and the Renaissance city of Firenze behind me; my travels quickly coming to a regrettable conclusion.
So, it is time for some final thoughts on Firenze.
It is a city of art, of Michelangelo, Giotto, Donnatello.
It is a city of fashion; Gucci, Zegna, Dolce & Gabbana.
It is a city of beauty; Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Santa Croce.
It is a city of neighborhoods; especially the Oltrarno.
It is a city of tourists; Americans, German, British, oh, and more Americans, but then again, I am one of "them".
Most of all, it is a city not to be missed.
But after you see all the must-see museums, churches, and other sights, walk away from the crush of tourists, down some of the narrow neighborhood streets, stopping for a cafe, and enjoying the excitement of being a temporary Florentine.
That is my 2 cents !

No comments: