Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home Again

Well, this will be the last post, since this is a travel blog and the travel has unfortunately ended. But, although I am home again, I wanted to bring this to a somewhat logical conclusion. First and most importantly, I arrived in Tampa on time last night after a long day of travel, AND my bag arrived on the same flight with wine and olive oil undamaged. I nearly missed my connection in Miami due to a delayed departure from Madrid (someone checked their bags, but didn't board the plane, so 1.5 hours later the bag was removed and we were finally on our way). Once in Miami, I waited a half hour for my bag to appear on the belt, and hustled through customs, rechecked my bag, got my boarding pass, cleared a very busy security, and made it to the gate just as the last group was called to board.

A lesson learned: Leave the liquids in Italy (or where ever) and carry the luggage on the plane. It would have saved me at least 30 minutes getting through customs.

As you can tell from the prior posts, I had a great time, so I will not restate the obvious, or did I just do that? Hmmmm

Until next time,...

I will send a link when pictures are available.

Pace (Peace)
and Ciao

No comments: