Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not Enough Time

There just is not enough time to enjoy all the specialities of the Bolognese, but I made a dent. Tonight at Trattoria Tony, I had tortellini en brodo, tortellini in a light broth, and coniglio al forno, (sorry Pat, but that is rabbit). And fearing grief from my good doctor, I will not mention the antipasti misti and amoretti ice cream. But, Doctor, I am walking everywhere and skipping the hotel elevator.
Random observations:
1. One of the best parts of being in Bologna is the lack of tourists, especially Americans. Other than dinner the first night, I have not heard English in the restaurants.
2. Why is Piazza Franklin Delano Roosevelt a parking lot?
3. Why is "Magic America" a sex shop?
4. Why are ther 666 arches on via Saragozza. Should they have stopped a 665?
5. Did I walk the same hallways as Dante when he was a student at the University of Bologna? Probably not, but he probably walked on via Zamboni as I did. Cool !
And finally,
6. My train ticket to Ravenna for tomorrow, cost the same as my street umbrella, €5.
ciao

No comments: