Saturday, June 14, 2008

Garibaldi's Sword

I wasn't going to bore everyone with another food post, but I could not resist. I will bypass all but my entree, while everything was very good, the Prima Piatta was memorable. I had a steak that was perfectly prepared, grilled to a lovely medium rare with rosemary, thyme, and sage served simply with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The plate was accompanied with a steak knife the size of Garibaldi's sword, which was totally unnecessary since the steak could easily be cut with a fork. This is probably the best steak I have eaten since the best ever in Prague last November. Oh, and I exaggerated about the size of the knife, just trying to add a little Italian touch.

1 comment:

Paul said...

But was it better than the steak in Prague? Or does that still hold the title of "best ever"? Inquiring minds want to know.